Resort Recap: Hyatt Ziva Cancun (A Serious Favorite)
I can't believe it's taken me this long to write about one of my most favorite all inclusive properties in Cancun... (yes it really is). For those of you that have spoken to me or asked for quotes for my recommendations in Cancun, I can guarantee this one was mentioned. It's breathtaking from the moment you walk through the lobby and their service from the heart makes it an easy top choice in my book.
I could go on and on about it, but I'm going to keep it short and sweet and give you my top 5 reasons as to why it's a favorite of mine.
1) Room Categories- It's literally almost impossible to have a bad view here. There are three different buildings and they all offer fabulous views. With a resort this pretty, even the resort view is a knock out! And the rooms in the club tower & adult only tower... GORGEOUS!! Modern with huge bathrooms. There are some ridiculously gorgeous categories to choose from and I can bet you'll have a view to remember. You seriously can't go wrong here!
2) Layout of Property- To me, it's the perfect size property. Not too big, but big enough where you feel like there are places to explore. It's spread out enough where even when at high occupancy (which is often), it doesn't feel that way. I have never had to fight for lounge chairs (yes, the coveted ones are snatched up early, but that's at every property) and wait times at restaurants have been minimal even in high season.
3) Family Friendly & Adult Only in One- I'd consider this mainly a family friendly property. However, within the property, there is an adult only tower. You are checked in at the adult only tower and have direct access from your hotel floor to the spa. So you don't even have to leave your building to access the spa. However, for me, the icing on the cake is the most stunning rooftop infinity pool for adults only. It has it's own bar and is a quiet escape during the day. At night (on certain evenings), the rooftop area turns into a nightclub. So for those looking for music, drinks & dancing under the stars, this is it.
4) Restaurants & Service- There is something for everyone at Hyatt Ziva Cancun! Adults can enjoy French cuisine at La Bastille. There's ceviche & tacos by the beach, a Steakhouse with indoor and outdoor dining, an American style Diner complete with a classic car that serves as a booth, a treat shop that serves desserts until your heart is content. Not to mention Tepenyaki, Italian, and a coffee house. Besides the great variety of food, I have found the atmosphere at these restaurants to be comfortable and intimate. The restaurants are big enough to accommodate guests, but not so big that you feel like you are eating at a dining hall. I have never had one bad service experience here which is quite an accomplishment for a property. No matter where I am on property, I'm greeted with a smile. It is very apparent that the employees at this resort love their jobs and loving being a part of the Playa Resort brand.
5) Beaches (yes, plural)- This is it for me... it's what sealed the deal the first time I visited. I'm not kidding when I tell you the first time I walked through the lobby, it took my breath away. The water here is turquoise... it's almost neon on a bright, sunny day. Every time I come here, I can't walk more than 10 steps without wanting to take a picture of the ocean. I'm a sucker for a beautiful beach and this one has it. There are very few spots that are so easily accessible to the US that offer water like this. This property is on a prime piece of real estate... it sits right on a peninsula so it's surrounded by water. The property offers two completely separate beaches. Both equally beautiful & providing two different experiences. Spend the day at one where you can paddle board, snorkel & kayak, then go over to the other side the next day. The other side offers miles of walk-able beach and volleyball, soccer & two story cabanas. Doing a cabana day is a must in my opinion. It's like two different vacations between the two beaches and two different pools!
If I haven't sent you here (I know, so many of you have caved & I've convinced you to visit), please reach out to me on this one. I have visited multiple times and each time I do, I'm reminded why I love it so much. It's hard to beat it in the heart of the hotel zone. I get great package pricing on air & hotel so reach out and experience it for yourself. And when you come back, I'll try not to say "I told you so".